Monday, May 9, 2011

Breaking them in


It's been at least nine months since I toyed with the idea of creating an outdoors blog. Tonight, while breaking in a new pair of hiking boots, was the last push of motivation I needed to actually start.

I'm not completely sure what I'm looking for, but I plan on keeping tabs on the Michigan outdoor scene, including camping, hiking, canoeing and perhaps a little fishing and hunting (neither of which are my forte). I've grown quite fond of the state I've lived in my entire life, and have seen a wide array of the outdoors here. With my background in journalism, it only makes sense to blog my experiences, thoughts, photos and other tidbits on one of the most powerful mediums in the world. I won't go into my background here, you can see it on this page

Back to the hiking boots. I purchased a pair of RedHead hiking boots from Outdoor World at Great Lakes Crossing a few weeks ago. Seeing them at a dirt-cheap price, I knew it was time to invest in a nice pair. Walking around the Village of Clinton, where I call home now, I found myself moving at a faster pace than usual. I can only hope this continues on with my experiences outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment